Code of Practice
This Code is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical, and professional behaviour which all Certified Members of World Yoga Federation must follow.
As a member of World Yoga Federation® and as a Certified Yoga Teacher or as Certified Organziations or Certified Centres/Schools or their representatives, I/we agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth below in the Code of Practice:
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by always behaving in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Maintain the Standards set by World Yoga Federation.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and when required, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of Yoga.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to yoga teaching and business.
- Not partake in words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- All Training Certificates will be issued only by World Yoga Federation. Schools and Teachers are not authorised to print World Yoga Federation Logo on Certificates.
- Certified Schools and organizations are required to upload at least one of the World Yoga Federation's Logos on their home page in a visible manner and connect link it to the World Yoga Federation Website. If hyperlinking the image is not possible, a text hyperlink is required in addition to the Logo to be uploaded.
- Members are NOT authorised to physically print World Yoga Federation Logos without prior written permission from the World Yoga Federation management. World Yoga Federation's Logos to be used as a whole unit, without omitting any of the text or symbolic elements in the files provided.
- Schools or teachers found to be in violation of this Code of Practice as determined by World Yoga Federation will be de-certified and debarred from using any World yoga Federation symbols or materials.